Job Title: Production Manager
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Status: Full time, Employee
Email Resume To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Purpose: Lead all aspects of operations in a fast-paced, quality-oriented, and customer-centered manufacturing environment; direct and coordinate activities consistent with established goals, policies, and standards; provide hands-on, day-to-day leadership for all production operations to effectively and profitably meet/exceed internal and external customer satisfaction; attain financial and production objectives; lead a continuous improvement culture; conduct material planning and timely procurement of a broad range of materials/parts (domestic and foreign); manage finished goods inventory, eliminate backorders, and reduce cycle times. Further responsibilities will include helping to recruit, develop and maintain a high performing manufacturing organization, leading and supporting continuous improvement efforts both within the company and across our business partners, and providing progressive leadership of a growing manufacturing team.
- Maintain company’s performance goals and standards
- Implement Lean Manufacturing Program including: Kaizen, Kan Ban, Visual Management, 5S Management, and others by the direction of the CEO
- Provide vision and leadership for strategic business planning and product line operations.
- This includes management of new operations and new process design and development.
- Develop and aggressively manage budget and costs
- Develop and implement a technology strategy supporting business activities, manage hardware and software infrastructure
- Provide ongoing critical evaluation of departments to maintain state-of-the-art operations
- Maintain morale through a variety of programs and/or new initiatives
- Comply and support all company policies and procedures
- Determine tests to be performed, documentation processes and reporting methods including process validation of newly adopted or developed processes.
- Interact regularly with manufacturing and service functions to establish quality standards and increase cycle turns for raw material, work in process and finished goods
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
- Work closely with Product development teams and quality teams to enable best practices for Design for Manufacturability, Cost Reduction, Resource Optimization, and other key initiatives in the organization.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Masters degree preferred
- Five to seven years of progressive medical device experience in operations management
- Demonstrated examples of great leadership, drive, determination, high values, creativity and strong problem solving skills
- Engineering, manufacturing, cost accounting, supply chain management, and quality system experience in the medical industry
- Proven leadership and decision making capabilities
- Ability to work in a self-directed, rapidly changing, small to mid-size company
- Demonstrated creativity to help solve customer and manufacturing problems and resolve conflicts
- Energetic and excited about growing a company and increasing market share and profitability
- Excellent communication skills from shop floor to executive and customer audiences
- Experience managing complex projects across all phases of the project life cycle
- Openness to change, innovation and able to work well in an entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional organization, project, and people management skills
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and ability to adapt to a variety of situations
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
- Experience with Quick Books and SAP a plus