Job Title: Director of Sales & Business Development: Government
Location: United States
Department: Alliant Healthcare
Status: Full time, Employee
The Director of Sales & Business Development (DSBD) is responsible for the direction and implementation of all sales and business development execution for PatriotPro, Alliant’s private labeled brand of medical/healthcare products sold directly to federal government healthcare facilities.
The DSBD will create and execute a robust strategic plan to launch and grow the PatriotPro brand, building a comprehensive pipeline of immediate and future sales opportunities for PatriotPro products.
The DSBD will act as the primary architect and executor of the company’s sales direct-to-government strategy to achieve its strategic vision. The DSBD will oversee development and implementation of the company’s strategy to develop and maintain the needed sales infrastructure to support both its current and future operations. In addition to the strategic blueprints, the DSBD will create and implement tactical plans, and development of the infrastructure and personnel to achieve revenue and market growth goals.
- Provide primary sales and business development leadership for Alliant’s PatriotPro strategic initiative, including building strategic relationships with OEMs and inventors to feed the Medisurge pipeline of PatriotPro branded medical devices
- Regular communication with the President and VP of Business Development to discuss strategic issues affecting the organization’s sales and business development activities pertaining to PatriotPro, status on development of new markets, and issues requiring senior executive level attention
- Develop and implement the strategic sales plan, to include:
- Achieving targeted sales and profitability levels in government markets
- Successfully penetrating and meeting sales growth and profit goals in targeted accounts / markets
- Cross-functional collaboration with Marketing to increase brand awareness and lead generation to Alliant’s PatriotPro brand and line of private labeled products
- Provide the necessary oversight to ensure that the overall strategic blueprint gets translated into concrete tactical action plans by all reporting departments
- Ensure that the Company engages in needed market research and market intelligence activities to identify and understand:
- Customer needs and preferences in existing and new markets
- Activities of competitors and needed responses
- Distribution and supply chain activity, changes, and potential opportunities to increase efficiency, or add value to customers by utilizing new distribution methods
- Create new sales channels
- Serve as chief communicator regarding sales and performance against plans
- Deliver innovative messaging campaigns across a broad spectrum of sales and marketing channels to achieve brand awareness and business growth
- Identify short- and long-term sales opportunities to create dialogue and commentary around the Company’s products, services, innovation, and related aspects
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree with Marketing or Business Administration focus; MBA a plus.
- Ten or more years of Federal Government sales and business development experience (VA & DoD).
- Proven experience in creating value-added database and CRM programs that drive profitable business growth.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills necessary to build a strong and effective sales team within the organization, yet still relate to and be hands-on with government customers and OEM partners
- Must have successful track record of relationship building efforts resulting in new business accounts.
- Must have strong strategic planning and decision-making experience
- Must have exceptional communication and sales reporting skills; communicating frequently with many different company departments and executing cross-company sales strategies
- Must have demonstrated ability to create and execute new business strategies to successful outcomes
- Must have direct experience negotiating sales contracts, generating revenue, and establishing sales quota targets
- Understanding of government budgeting and acquisition processes preferred