Job Title: Executive/Personal Assistant
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Status: Full time, Employee
The Executive/Personal Assistant is responsible for performing a wide range of administrative duties to facilitate the efficient operations of Alliant, organize and manage Author and Speaking engagements, and oversee the personal calendar for the CEO. Duties will include regularly and professionally communicating with internal and external stakeholders and customers, preparing and editing communications, managing and prioritizing meetings and schedules, maintaining comprehensive and accurate records, and other duties as may be assigned. Ability to manage sensitive and confidential communications and materials is essential and of the highest importance.
Overview and Need
Someone with a passion for the professional Executive/Personal Assistant role as a true partner with the CEO. A person with very strong creative writing skills with an intellectual curiosity to learn about multiple aspects of the medical device business, how an author promotes his book, how to help the CEO manage his life for more efficiency and organization, and ways to help the CEO fund a veteran-focused non-profit organization. Someone to take on the responsibility to help the CEO communicate his vision for the company to the senior leadership team, the company employees, and the community at large. We need a person who will thrive in a demanding environment that rewards self-direction, intellectual curiosity, creative and critical thinking, initiative, and dedication to a higher cause. We are inviting someone to become a member of the family that is — Alliant’s Family of Companies. Discover a family of companies that was created based on a culture which nurtures, encourages, and develops its employees.
Pillars of Our Beliefs
- Passion for exceeding the needs of our customers
- Dedication to providing great leadership for everyone who works at Alliant Healthcare
- Devotion to the best quality in everything we do
- Commitment to holding ourselves and each other accountable for our success
- Genuine concern for the needs of everyone who comes in contact with Alliant Healthcare
The Executive/Personal Assistant will perform daily administrative duties for the CEO by completing a broad variety of administrative tasks, including:
- Constantly living by and delivering all work product consistent with Alliant’s Mission, Quality Policy, Core Values and Pillars of Belief.
- Assisting the CEO in launch and follow on activities for his book, “From Service to Success.”
- Serving as the primary conduit of information for the CEO, including deciding on the level of importance for all manners of communication coming in, while always maintaining discretion and confidentiality due to nature of communication.
- Maintaining the CEO’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling business and personal meetings, conferences, teleconferences, book tours, speaking engagements, as well as coordinating and booking travel arrangements. May also require arranging meeting facilities, equipment, and catering for various functions.
- Proactively working closely with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, and following up appropriately.
- Supporting CEO for meetings and other commitments, including preparing agendas and compiling materials for meetings, keeping track of meetings progress and post-meetings follow up items.
- Exercising considerable independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality in handling information and projects of an administrative nature. Position has high accountability for confidentiality.
- Creatively writing business-related correspondence and other materials. Independently preparing special reports requiring information from a variety of sources and where the format is usually not defined. Analysis may be required to compile information.
- Creating Power Point presentations to help the CEO clearly communicate the company’s vision and other important matters.
- Answering questions and furnishing information to personnel from all levels of the organization as well as high level external inquiries. Screening calls, letters and/or visitors and directing inquiries to the appropriate area when required.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Associates Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Six or more years of experience as an executive secretary or administrative assistant, preferably experienced at the “C” Level.
- Experience and demonstrated examples of great leadership, drive, determination, high values, intellectual curiosity, creativity and strong problem solving skills, great writing skills, and good Power Point capabilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professional demeanor to deal with internal and external C-Suite executives, management, staffs, and current and new business partners, suppliers, publishers, publicity agents, speaker agents, and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, especially within complex projects. Ability to prioritize work, multitask and work under shifting deadlines.
- Must work independently and show initiative.
- Critical thinker and excellent problem-solving skills where analysis of situations or data require an in-depth evaluation and solutions.
- Proven ability to meet challenges that lie beyond the current position description and to solve problems creatively.
- Self-motivated; not afraid to ask questions; able to take initiative, anticipate needs, exercise independent and sound judgment; and carry projects through to completion.
- Highly detail-oriented and accurate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Adaptable and quick study to learn additional applications as required.
- Willing to take phone calls during non-business hours from the CEO or important customers, clients, or staff.