Job Title: Sr. Director: Government Contracts & Compliance
Location: Grand Rapids, MI or REMOTE
Status: Full time, Employee
Industry: Healthcare / Medical Device
The Sr. Director of Government Contracts and Compliance will lead a team aimed at the sustainable and strategic execution and management of Alliant’s current and future government contracts. This position will work cross-functionally with Alliant’s OEM partners, Federal Agencies, internal stakeholders, and others to ensure the execution of a robust and sustainable contracting strategy. This position will lead and perform all responsibilities required within the contracting department to assure that Alliant “Exceeds the needs of our customers.” This management position will lead the day-to-day operations for all department functions to ensure contracting and sales support operations, including execution and management of government contracts (ECAT, DAPA, FSS, MSPV, etc.), OEM price files, internal / external contract communications, and more.
- Responsible for the daily operations pertaining to Alliant’s established and upcoming government contracts
- Contracts include but are not limited to: ECAT, FSS, DAPA, MSPV, IDIQ’s, BPA’s, NX Agreements, and more.
- Create and execute processes and procedures to manage all federal government contracts effectively, including contract renewals, modifications, internal / external communications, etc.
- Seek out and develop strategic relationships with all applicable OEM’s to ensure timely accuracy of price files and government contract availability.
- Seek out and develop strategic relationships with all applicable federal government entities (DLA, SAC, NAC, etc.) to ensure strategic and optimal working relationships with Alliant.
- Maintains these working relationships with constant communication by proactively researching means, methods and solutions to open and potential future issues that deliver value-add service and products.
- Provides necessary cross functional operations support including, but not limited to:
- Government contract administration
- Developing and implementing proactive controls to assure 100 percent contract compliance with contract regulations, price reduction clauses, required sales tracings, etc.
- Ensuring that pricing and contracts are current, updated, and communicated
- Provide direction and support to entire Contracting team
- Draft, evaluate, negotiate, and execute contracts
- Provide contract-related issue resolution, both internally and externally
- Creates NEW processes and procedures to create a more efficient and functional department.
- The Sr. Director should think outside the box, utilizing internal and external resources and technology to ensure a strategic, sustainable, and efficient government contracting department.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 7-10 years federal government contracting experience required.
- Healthcare/pharmaceutical/medical device industry experience strongly preferred.
- Ability and experience to personally lead by example and continuously drive Alliant’s Pillars of Belief, including:
- Passion for exceeding the needs of our customers
- Dedication to providing great leadership for everyone who works at Alliant Healthcare
- Devotion to the best quality in everything we do
- Commitment to holding ourselves and each other accountable for our success
- Genuine concern for the needs of everyone who comes in contact with Alliant Healthcare
- Demonstrated customer relationship building.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated firm understanding of federal government contracts and compliance regulations
- Effective problem solving, analysis, and decision-making skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with contracts and pricing strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work in a self-directed, rapidly changing, and rapidly growing company.
- Ability to facilitate group meetings.
- Ability to assess and execute growth strategies and implement the resources and processes necessary to achieve growth expectations.
- Excellent communication skills: oral, written, and presentation.